Sunday, June 8, 2008

That's spicy!

As usual, I spent the day with Killian yesterday (Saturday). It was officially "retarded hot" outside, but we accomplished quite a bit. He had his first karate class at 9am, a birthday party for a friend of his at 11am, and a grocery shopping trip with me & Rich.

The karate class was pretty fun and he did pretty well. I wish I had thought to have brought my video camera, but I'll make sure to catch it next week. He did pretty well. It was a 30 minute class and he stayed pretty focused for about 20 minutes and even toughed out the last 10. They learned a standard punch, an elbow and a block as well as a standard fighting stance. He was pretty cute in his gui, I'll give him that.

The birthday party was fun, but painful. They held it in a park picnic shelter. It would have been great, but it was unbearably hot out yesterday. It was the second birthday party with a pinata that we've been to this month which is pretty cool. The kids seem to dig it. They had a water balloon fight at the end of the party which was a big success as well.

After the shopping trip, where Killian was very excited to be pushing "his own" little shopping cart that Lowe's Foods has for kids, we hung out at Rich's house for awhile. Killian tried some DORITOS Blazin' Buffalo & Ranch flavor and he learned that they're a little hot. After discovering that, he proceeded to blow on them to cool them off. Laughing when I saw it I asked him "Did that work?" and he said "No. They're still hot." but he kept blowing on them and continued to eat a few more. Just one of those things you learn from kids. Sometimes what seems obvious may not be so.

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Kids say the funniest things, and they can be so honest! Isabel's big thing now is "Mommy I love you really, really much." So cute...

Unknown said...

That was freakin' funny about the Doritos. Well, at least he figure the blow if it's hot technique. That way soup is much easier. I heard there was a pic of Killian in his gui.

V